Thursday, October 4, 2012

Old Town Albuquerque


I took a stroll around Old Town Albuquerque.  Old Town Albuquerque is filled with Pueblo-Spanish style architecture including the San Felipe De Neri church which is the oldest building (1793) in the city.  Many of the early settlers homes and government offices have been converted into restaurants, shops and art galleries.  There are some amazing pottery shops and the turqoise jewelry is beautiful!


San Felipe Church



Add caption

Adobe style architecture


I went on a short hike in the Sandia Foothills the other night and was amazed at the wildlife that came out at night! I was hiking to watch the sunset and numerous animals jumped into my path (this was a little frightening!).  A mule deer and rabbit were amongst my hiking buddies haha.

Sandia Foothills


Rabbit


Mule deer

Sunset from foothills


Love desert sunsets!

No comments:

Post a Comment